Guidance And Care For Your Alimony Matters
Determining alimony is easily one of the more contentious issues in divorce. You need to obtain an amount that makes financial sense for you, yet you feel emotionally overwhelmed by the stressful process. When you have a caring family law attorney on your side, the process can become much simpler.
At JerriLynn Hadley PLLC in Pensacola, I have more than 20 years of legal experience guiding clients through the complex legal issues that accompany divorce. Having gone through a divorce myself, I know the importance of legal knowledge, empathy and support. At every step of the way, you can rely on me for answers to your questions and updates to any important developments in your family law matter.
What Types Of Alimony Does Florida Offer?
In Florida, there are five options for spousal support:
- Temporary: This support goes to one spouse while the divorce is in process.
- Bridge-the-gap: This alimony aids one spouse as they transition from married life to single life.
- Rehabilitative: The most common type, rehabilitative alimony goes to one spouse as they develop the skill to support themselves financially.
- Durational: Similarly, durational support goes to one spouse for a set period after the divorce is finalized.
- Permanent: In rare cases, one spouse may support the other permanently if the receiving spouse cannot become self-sufficient.
When you sit down with me, I can discuss your situation with you and determine which types of alimony may apply to you. Then, I can give you a more accurate idea of how much you can expect to receive or pay.
Ask About Alimony In A Free Initial Consultation
I have the experience to guide you through your divorce and find resolutions to your alimony dispute. Reach out to me at my office to schedule a free, confidential initial consultation. To reach me, call 850-641-8959 or send me an email.